The Philippine Librarians Association Inc. - Southern Tagalog Region Librarians Council (PLAI-STRLC) cordially invites all registered librarians, library staff, information professionals and teacher-librarians to its Conference and General Assembly on October 7-9, 2009 at the Eastern Manila Hotel & Training Center (formerly Las Brisas Hotel & Conference Center) Ortigas Ave. Extension, Antipolo City, Rizal
The Conference aims to:
1) present the current trends, issues and challenges that libraries and information provider are faced with, in this information age;
2) explore the many available tools and technology that can assist librarians in transforming themselves and making their library services receptive to the needs of its constituents;
3) empower the egistered librarians, library staff, information professionals and teacher-librarians in meeting the challenges of librarianship across barriers
Topics include: Impact Assessment on Internet Use & Policies; Copyright Issues in the e-Environment; Open Access Initiatives & Creative Commons, Repackaging Librarianship, Current Challenges and Trends in Organizing Library Resources; Role of Technology in Organizing Library Learning Spaces; e-Reference Services; Fellowships and Grants for Librarians, Basic Blogging for Librarians and Health and Wellness for Librarians. (Click topics to view program)
The Conference fees are as follows:
Live-OUT: Php 2,700 - to include meals, conference kits and certificate
Live - IN: Php 3,500 - to include accommodation, meals, conference kits and certificate
Accompanying person: Php 2,400 - to include accommodation and meals
EARLY BIRDS: Discounted rate Php200 less for the Conference Fee provided attendance is confirmed to Organizing Committee on or before SEPTEMBER 7, 2009. However, non-appearance will still mean the interested attendee shall pay the corresponding Conference Fee unless cancellation is made on or before September 14, 2009.
For particulars and reservations, you can contact any of the following:
Audrey G. Anday
(02) 660-9665 to 68 loc 128, 134-135
Loida J. Cordoba
(02) 658-87-65 / 660-47-62 loc. 125
or any of the STRLC Provincial Chapter Representatives
We hope to receive your Pre-Registration Form on or before September 23, 2009. Thank you very much for your continued support.
Note on CPE: The council has applied for a 20 CPE credit units of this activity and endorsement from the Civil Service Commission, Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Department of Education (DepEd) has also been sought. We shall be posting the approved letters as soon as we have them.