Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
PLAI - Southern Tagalog Region Librarians Council
STRLC-NRM-04 s. 2010
May 10, 2010
|TO:||All Council Officers|
|SUBJECT :||4th PLAI-STRLC Regular Meeting|
1. Post Evaluation - 2010 Palawan Summer Conference
2. Proposed July Conference c/o Sir Marcial
3. PLAI-STRLC Coffee table book
4. Membership Updates
5. PC Updates
6. Other Matters
Please confirm your attendance by sending an email to the secretariat: plaistrlc_secretariat(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ph. Also please email other items you wish to include in the agenda for the other matters.
Hope to see you all. Thank you.
Friday, May 07, 2010
7 May 2010Mr. Marcial R. BatiancilaPresident, PLAI-Southern Tagalog Librarians CouncilSta. Cruz, LagunaI wish to inform you that in a meeting held last May 4, 2010, the members of the CPE Council of the Professional Regulatory Board for Librarians approved your application for accreditation of your activity entitled Towards Librarians’ Skills and Competencies Enhancement, held last April 28-30, 2010 for 18 CPE credit units.Sincerely yours,Mila M. RamosChairman, CPE CouncilChief Librarian, International Rice Research Institute
Sunday, May 02, 2010
•http://sites. google.com/ site/plaistrlc/ conferences- events/2010- sumcon
•http://plaistrlc. wikispaces. com/Professional +Resources
Saturday, May 01, 2010
On at the Balay Kalinaw in UP Diliman, we will be witnessing this once in a lifetime celebration of our 60th Homecoming and General Assembly dubbed as Past and Forward: UPLSAA @60!
We are cordially inviting you to attend our 1950’s themed 60th Homecoming. This is a great opportunity for us to chit chat, catch up on each other and on the events that have been happening and will be happening to our association and to SLIS as well. We are assuring you that this celebration will both be pleasurable and meaningful. It will be the 50’s sock hop (1950’s party spot to be) and soda shop! Girls in poodle skirts with tight fitted blouses and boys in jeans and white shirts with rolled up sleeves. Remember the peppermint dances, twist, mashed potato, the pony, and the swim? And who will not forget rock and roll? Elvis Presley, Eddie Mesa, Rockey Fellers, Pilita Corrales, Marilyn Monroe, Chuck Berry, Diomedes Maturan, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eddie Peregrina, Buddy Holly, and Johnny Ray. There will be a photobooth (1950’s style), bazaars, raffle, games, good music, good food and fabulous company!
* The ticket costs PhP300, inclusive of snacks and dinner, ticket to the photobooth, and to an evening of meaningful celebration. A portion of this amount will also go to the (SLIS) Building Fund. By 2011, the SLIS will celebrate its Golden Anniversary, and by then, we hope that our dearly loved institute/school will have its new home.
A souvenir program will also be distributed to all the attendees. If you wish to give more to the association and its programs, the following packages are offered:
· PhP 500
o One (1) ticket to the event (see*)
o ¼ page of the souvenir program is intended for you
· Php 1,000
o Two (2) tickets to the event (see*)
o ½ page of the souvenir program is intended for you
· PhP 2,000
o Four (4) tickets to the event (see*)
o 1 whole page of the souvenir program is intended for you
o You will be acknowledged during the event
We are encouraging everyone to come in 1950s or 1960’s attire! The batch that will come in the best costume wins fantastic prizes! For confirmation, kindly fill-out the form below and fax or email it on or before to anyone among Iyra, Rhina, Jelo, Carina, or Heidi, whose emails and numbers appear on the confirmation slip below. For any other inquiries, please feel free to contact any of us anytime. We are excited to be with you on May 15! Thank you so much! Mabuhay ang UPLSAA! Librarians rule!Yours truly,
Past and Forward: UPLSAA @60!
15 May 2010, Saturday, 3:30pm onwards
Balay Kalinaw, UP DIliman, Quezon City
NAME : ______________________________________ BATCH : __________________
CONTACT NOS. : ______________________________________ EMAIL ADDRESS : __________________
- YES, I am coming and pledging PhP _____ to support UPLSAA and the UPSLIS Building Fund.
- No, I am not coming, but I am pledging PhP ________ to support UPLSAA and THE UPSLIS Building Fund. You can deposit the amount to PNB UP Diliman Campus (kindly contact us if you are to do so):
Account Name: UP Library Science Alumni Association
Savings Account Number: 275-596171-2
- No, I am not coming.
Please fax or email this form on or before May 14, 2010 to any of the following:
- Iyra Buenrostro or Rhina Franco (UP SLIS) – Telefax: local 2869; iyra_buenrostro[at]yahoo[dot]com
- Jelo Arriesgado (SEAMEO INNOTECH) - to 84 local 142 or 115; Fax: ; javarriesgado[at]gmail[dot]com
- Carina Samaniego (The Manila Observatory) – ; Fax: ; car_samaniego[at]yahoo[dot]com
- Heidi Dizon (Rizal Library, AdMU) – (632) 426-6001 loc 5561; hdizon[at]ateneo[dot]com
Thank you very much! ------ UPLSAA 2009-2010