Tuesday, March 08, 2011
PLAI-STRLC 2011 Summer Conference Advisory
The convenience and safely travel of our participants who are attending the Summer Conference have been a primordial concern of the Organizing Committee. In view of this, we have prepared some guidelines on how to go to the conference venue.
If coming from Manila area (Lawton or Cubao):
1. Take a bus going to Batangas City pier, preferably those with signboard via CALABARZON so that the bus will use the STAR tollway and exit at Lipa City, reducing travel time to approximately 2 - 2.5 hours (still depends on the traffic condition of the ongoing construction at grade level of the skyway). Fare is about PhP 170.00 - 180.00.
If driving a car or car pooling, take the SLEX and then STAR tollway straight to Batangas City. To avoid the "Bats City" traffic rush, prior to entering the city proper, take a right turn to Bauan highway going to the pier.
If coming from CALABARZON area:
At Turbina, take a bus going to Batangas City pier, preferably those with signboard via CALABARZON so that the bus will use the STAR tollway and exit at Lipa City. Travel time is around 1 hour and fare is approximately PhP 100.00.
2. Once inside the Batangas pier, You will be required to pay the Terminal Fee of PhP 30.00. You have two options, Supercat or RORO. If Supercat, the fare is PhP 280-290.00 per person and travel time is only an hour. If RORO, fare is PhP 160-180.00 per person and travel time is 2-3 hours.
NOTE : IF you come in a group of at least 5 and with GSIS ID, you can avail of the fare discount and shall pay only PhP 235.00 per person in the Supercat.
3. Once in Calapan Pier, ride a tricycle going to El Pueblo Rhizort (boundary of Balite & Mahal na Pangalan) and fare is PhP 50-60.00 per person. Travel time is approximately 15 minutes.
OR, coordinate with us your travel plan (date and the estimated time of departure from Bats Pier so that we could make the necessary arrangement for FREE pick up at the Calapan pier using the transport facilities of the resort. At least 5 person per pick up can be accommodated if with prior arrangement with the Organizing Committee.
4. Likewise, participant with dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian), are advised to inform the Organizing Committee when you submit your pre-registration form so that necessary arrangement could made for your food requirements.
5. Dress code. Casual attire during the conference proper. Swim wear if one likes to swim in the pool or beach after conference time.