Thursday, February 05, 2015
PASLI 37th General Assembly and National Conference : Call for Conference Paper Proposal
The Philippine Association of School Librarians, Inc. (PASLI) will be conducting its 37th General Assembly and National Conference on April 22-24, 2015 at Tagaytay International Convention Center, Tagaytay City with the theme “Preparing School Library to the Challenges in the new K to 12 Program”.
In this connection, we invite school librarians, teachers, school administrators, educational technologists, and all interested in the field of school librarianship to submit a proposal for paper presentation linked to our conference theme or to the following sub-themes:
21st Century Literacy and School Library:
· Research skills development in school libraries
· Media, Information and Technology Literacy in school libraries
Kto12 Curriculum and the School Library:
· Mother Tongue-based (MTB) information sources
· Use of the library and information in Kto12 schools
· Reading development and Kto12 Program
Technology and the School Library:
· Digital Resources and Services in school libraries
· Mobile technologies and school library services
Librarianship in K to 12 schools:
· Philippine Standards for School Librarianship and the new Kto12 education
· Role of Librarians in the new Kto12 schools
Interested authors should observe the guidelines below when submitting:
1. Paper must be unpublished and written within the last 5 years.
2. Submit an abstract with a minimum of 300 words.
3. Abstract must be in Microsoft Word format, Times New Roman, size 12, single space
Sections to be included:
· Title of Paper
· Name of Presenter
· Institution/Company Affiliation (including address)
· Contact Details (phone, email address)
· Paper Abstract
· Author's short bio
4. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 28, 2015 with the following as email subject: PASLI 2015 Conference Paper Proposal
Two (2) abstracts will be chosen and their primary authors (one author from each accepted abstract) will be invited to present their papers at the plenary during the 37th National Conference of the Philippine Association of School Librarians, Inc. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified via email on or before March 15, 2015. Their full papers and presentation materials must be submitted via e-mail by April 15, 2015. Accepted paper presenters will be provided with free registration and full participation in the Conference plus free accommodation and food in the whole duration of the event. Travel to and from the conference site must be shouldered by the paper presenters.
We look forward to your contributions to and participation in the Conference.
For more details, please keep in touch with [any of] the following PASLI Officers:
Joie A. Lobo (President) - loboM@ismanila.org (0917-8459527)
Gemma M. Cuña (Vice President) - email@example.com (0917-6219572)
Cris M. Laraccas (Secretary) - firstname.lastname@example.org (0918-5351188)
Mark F. Moraña (PRO) - email@example.com (0917-8630217)
Likewise, please visit our website The Philippine Association of School Librarians, Inc. and our Facebook page for more information.