Thursday, May 07, 2015
42nd ALBASA Annual General Assembly
The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA) will be celebrating its 42nd Annual General Assembly on May 19-21, 2015 at The New White Gold House Restaurant, David Sy Gaisano St., North Reclamation Area, Cebu City. This year’s theme is “ Assessment and Development of Librarians’ Professional Competencies Towards ASEAN Integration” with the following objectives:
- To assess librarians readiness on the application of the new cataloging standards using Resource Description and Access (RDA).
- To provide a forum for members to develop problem solving skills and competencies towards mutual recognition/arrangement with ASEAN countries.
- To ensure that librarians are well-trained on the proper ways of dealing with different types of library users including difficult clients.
- To update the participants on the new developments of IT application in libraries especially QR codes and better ways of managing eResources.
- To serve as a venue where participants, faculty and administrators can choose latest publications and information packages in various disciplines for their libraries as well as share their thoughts and ideas relevant to the profession.
Click HERE for Additional info/details.