Tuesday, April 04, 2017
To our dearest colleagues in the profession,
The Philippine Normal University Library and Information Science Alumni Association (PNU-LISAA), Inc. will hold a seminar-workshop with the theme, “Beating the Traffic : Prioritizing Collection Development and Information Services in the Hybrid Library Environment”, to be held on May 24-26, 2017 at Balay Indang, Indang, Cavite.
This seminar-workshop is designed to provide participants an emphasis on the collection development function as strategic tool that contributes to information services and other library activities in the attainment of overall library goals. Participants from different hybrid libraries will engage in hands-on activities, guided discussions, and other expert-led exercises intended to help them.
At the end of the sessions, participants will be able to:
1. Better understand the strategies behind the creation of Patron Driven-Acquisition (PDA) and its implementation;
2. Weigh the difference, and pros and cons of using the library space as a repository of print collection and as a social learning space;
3. Update themselves with modern ways of preservation and digitization that are used in various hybrid libraries;
4. Provide useful models and detailed approaches to weeding culled from a wide range of hybrid library settings;
5. Strengthen their skills on modern indexing and abstracting techniques;
6. Examine information through collaborative efforts on document delivery and information services.
A seminar fee of P5,500.00 will be charged per participant to cover registration fee, accommodation for 3 days and 2 nights, meals, snacks, kits, and certificates of attendance and participation.
Please find attached invitation and programme for specific details. You may share it to all your colleagues and friends who may be interested in joining this learning event.
If you wish to join this event, kindly register on this link.
For inquiries, you can contact us at 09159605373 / 09257141203 or email us at email@example.com
Thank you very much and we're looking forward to see you in Balay Indang!
(Note: if you're having difficulty accessing the link above, please copy and paste this address to your browser:
https://docs.google.com/forms/ d/e/1FAIpQLSfb8gbgVKJwNc0ezj7w V1gqlMtQjPRsCwh369-LRIXwnHAjLg /viewform)